Child Support Reduction

by James
(Forney, TX USA)

I have been divorced for 4 years. I admit that the divorce was my doing and when we split I basically let her have everything, she got the house, the money that was sold from it, all the belongings save a tv and few small items, she got full custody and the standard child support and visitation for me.

On my end I am basically self employed..making very little money whereas she got a job (later after the divorce) making twice as much as me. Now she is getting remarried to someone with good incoming, moving the kids away a bit and putting them in private school.

I already struggle with my income and bills and we live in a small apartment already...she also gets to claim them on taxes and when I ask her to share or help out on this she refused.

Aside from trying to obtain joint there a possibility that my child support could be reduced? She has always brand new clothes for her job, she just got a new car..she has lived with her parents all these years with no bills...seems so unfair.

Can anything be done?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Modifications Questions.