Child Support Process For Me

Okay here we go we are still in the process of getting divorced the judge has not signed off on our papers yet. while in court we both agreed to share joint physical and legal custody of our children , however since the court date my son has been living with me and wants to stay with me so i called my lawyer and expressed to him that we need to speak with the judge before he signs the paper work because i want him to put rule 32 in effect i want him to start paying child support.

Well my lawyer filled some paper work supporting that however it didnt get to the judge in time so he signed the paperwork with out ever seeing the form my lawyer had filed stating there were some things in the divorce decree that we didnt agree upon so i am still waiting to hear something. Can my lawyer file a pendant lite order making my ex husband start paying me something until all this gets worked out ?

Comments for Child Support Process For Me

Click here to add your own comments

Child Support Questions
by: Child Support America Staff

Yes your attorney can try to file that order.

Csa Staff

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Services Questions.