Child Support Needed In The Bahamas

by Patsy

My sons father has a judgment to pay child support - he moved to the US so that he doesn't have to pay it - he is applying for US citizenship - what can i do to enforce his child support payments?

Comments for Child Support Needed In The Bahamas

Click here to add your own comments

Child support
by: Child Support America Team Member

Hi Patsy,

It is very important that you contact your caseworker in the Bahamas and inform them of your ex's moving to the U.S. It is important that a case be opened in the state where he is residing as well. Do you know which state he has moved to?


State he moved to
by: Anonymous

he moved to New York

International Child Support
by: Frustrated Single mother seeking help for child support International

My daughter father is American he does not take care of her, the Bahamas government will not sign the legal document for me so I can get child support for her,the U.S.Embassy sent a Legal document to the the Bahamas A.G. Office asking them to sign it so that single mothers who has children for American men can get child support since they won't sign it can I go to the United States and put her father in court there.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Cuyahoga County .