Child Support in Arrears and Interest Question

by John Reynolds
(Salem, OR)

While unemployed for a period of time,I could not pay my child support. I am now employed and paying the monthly court ordered amount plus 9% to catch up. I owe approximately $4,500. Can the state of Oregon charge interest on the amount in arrears (It has not happened at this time)?

Comments for Child Support in Arrears and Interest Question

Click here to add your own comments

child support arrears
by: Anonymous

How can i get child support arrears from my ex from his tax refund

Child support arrears
by: Anonymous

The absent parent in currently paying part of his court ordered child support payments and has not initiated Health Insurance for the child as ordered in the decree. I would like to have a lump sum payment and Health ins. for my college bound son who is in his third year of college. The arrearages are now at $10,750.

Is there anyone that can help me in the state of maryland to obtain these funds. Also the absent parent has not filed his taxes in over 6 years because he does not want child support to take his check. I have been a working parent, not on government assistance, I just would like to be done with the bi-weekly payments and have it all at once.
Can someone help me

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Back Child Support & Arrears Questions.