Child Support Enforcement Case Closed

(Miami, FL)

My ex-girlfriend had a baby and she was saying that the baby was mine at first but it turned out that the baby was not mine. She opened a case with child support enforcement but shortly there after we found out that I was not the actual father, the baby even has her father listed on her birth certificate and it's not me. Shortly after opening the case, she had to close it but I was still served. I was served in December and the paper work had been sent out in July. The paper work says I have 20 days to send a written response but it's already a closed case and it's been established that I'm not the father. Do I still have to respond to the court?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Questions.