Child support confusion

by confused

My wife and I had a dispute over moving out of state. She wanted to be near her family, and I needed to move for work. She refused to go, so we became estranged. We have 4 boys and during that 6 month period, she filed for food stamps in New York. I guess automatically the state starts a child support case. However, she never followed up and only collected food stamps for a few months before we got back together. My question is being that she never followed up and, we are back together, and she is not getting welfare does the child support thing go away.

Comments for Child support confusion

Click here to add your own comments

child support
by: Anonymous

if they have not sent you or your wife any more letters about child support they should not bother you again. If they do your wife and you just have to let them know you two are back together supporting your kids.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Questions.