Child Support Cancellation

by Michael

Hello there, my name is Michael and I am a father of a six year old. I am not the custodial parent and I have been paying child support from day 1; her mother and I have agreed that I am not longer going to be child support. She has called the local attorney generals office here in TX to submit for cancellation of my child support.

At the present time I am still paying child support but the money that is going to her she is giving right back to me. My daughters mother and I have been with my daughter the same amount of time throughout my daughters young life; out of 14 days we both have her 7 days but not straight so therefore we have unofficial joint custody. Being that we agreed to get off of child support is it simply that is as to just sign a paper and the payments are killed or is thee much more than that?

Also I have stressed concern about my daughter's mother just picking up and going and being that I am the noncustodial I asked her for a written court order saying she cannot physically move. she stated as much as I care and as much as she cares for our daughter she would not do that to me. I asked her so if you leave than you are going to leave my daughter; she stated yes but here is the thing...I am not leaving.

She further stated that she is willing to sign a paper to drop all court orders and take me off child support because again the both of us are deeply involved in our daughters life and I am there for my daughter much more than every other weekend and on Wednesdays. My question is: it is as simple as signing a paper and all is well? what do you recommend?

Comments for Child Support Cancellation

Click here to add your own comments

by: Anonymous

what was the outcome of your findings? i am in a similar situation

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Resources Questions.