Child support balance amended?

by David
(Cumberland, OH USA)

I was incarcerated for 2 years and during that time I was being charged full support. I had been up to date when I went in to prison, but was not aware I was being charged full support while I was locked up. I need a review and adjustment decreasing the balance based on that 2-year lock up. My children are grown and of legal age. I have been trying to contact the child support agency, but have not gotten any return calls. When I requested this adjustment previously in person, I was refused.

(I have been making payments during the past 1-1/2 years through my unemployment benefits. Since that has ended and I am still unemployed, suspensions were put on my Ohio drivers license and my vehicle impounded. I have since paid those suspensions and recovered my vehicle.)

I would greatly appreciate any help/suggestions you can give me.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Questions.