Child Support Arrears Payment Never Received

by jessie
(new jersey)

I just found out that there was a check to cover the cost of arrears my father had owed. only problem is this was apparently sent about a year ago and i have never received it. when i was younger my mother was on welfare for about 2 years. i have heard that welfare will take out what it is you owe back to them, but what is the amount they are allowed to take and where is the rest of the child support.

The check was for $27,000, so for 2 years of my mother being on welfare i highly doubt it would affect the state that much. i have tried to see if i could find out the status of this but my mother nor i even have the case number we would need to find out anything. how would i go about getting he case number to track down what happened to the child support?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Back Child Support & Arrears Questions.