Child Support arrears In Arizona

by Maggie
(San Diego, CA)

I'm marrying a man who has child support and alimony arrearages in Arizona. He paid on time for three years no problem and then lost his job and has paid nothing in the last 8 months. He has now been ordered to pay $872 a month even though he has no job, because of the arrearages.

If I marry him, can they garnish my wages at all?

Can they garnish his wages when his accounts are in California?

If he is in title on a house in California, can they put a lien on it?

If they can garnish, is it just child support or alimony too?

Thanks for your help.

Comments for Child Support arrears In Arizona

Click here to add your own comments

Child Support Questions
by: Child Support America Team Member

Hi Maggie,

Here are the answers to your questions.

1. No they cannot garnish your wages.

2. Yes they can garnish his wages from any state. It is a country wide system.

3. Yes they can put a lien on anything that his name on it. INCLUDING bank accounts. Even if your name is on it they can still take money and property.

4. They can garnish for child support and alimony

Csa Staff

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Back Child Support & Arrears Questions.