Child Support Arrearage Forgiveness

by Desiree
(Tom Green County, Texas USA)

I have a order that I would like to cancel. My daughter is now 23 years old and her father still owes $18900 in back child support and $34500 in interest. ($53400 total) During my daughters childhood I did recieve some welfare. I receive payments every other month from the state of Texas even though he pays twice a month through his employer. What I would like to know is... Can I ask the courts to forgive his support that is owed to me and then they just collect what is owed to them? And how do I find out what is owed to me and what is owed to the state?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Enforcement Questions.