Child Support and Visitation Not Being Met

by Lisa P
(Richmond Hill, GA)

My divorce was granted in Sept of 2007. We lived in Bradley county TN. I was granted full custody with my ex getting 144 days of visitation. The hotel I worked at was sold and I took a position in south GA. He then moved to Knoxville, TN. Child support was based on the days and what we both made on our jobs.

He has never used the 144 days of visitation based on my job moving me out of state. He was granted mileage due to me moving out of state but has only used it twice that I can remember. For the last 3 years, he will only get our 2 boys during the 6 weeks of the summer, Spring break, and a week at Christmas.

He gets them every other Thanksgiving as well. I have asked for help as far as purchasing school clothes or school supplies, but get nowhere. Both boys would like to get involved in sports, but the finances to do that are out of my budget. I have again asked for his help, but he refuses to help. I would like to ask for a modification of not only the child support but the visitation as well.

I have not had them any time at all and would like to request every other year of Spring break. He was supposed to provide me with his W-2 as well as proof of life insurance on himself with the boys as recipients and myself as the administrator. I have not received any of this information.

I don't have the funds to hire an attorney and he knows that. He however has received an increase in pay, and has an attorney on retainer. Can you tell me what my options are?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Modifications Questions.