child support and social security

by Lou

I'm a retired veteran i receive VA benefits, I began paying child support in April 2010 amount of 518 for my son, he received 447 per month for SSI,I pay for health coverage as well. I received a call from Georgia Social Security office asking to verify if my son was truly my son, due to he is eligibly for SS benefits, I informed

the claims rep that he was getting SSI,she checked and stated his benefits will be terminated and he will pick up Social Security benefits instead, My question is
would I be allowed a modification in child support when he began receiving Social Security, I live in the state of Maryland, his mother moved with him to the State of New jersey. Thank you

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Questions.