Child Support And Annuities

by Janie

My niece's ex husband has been in prison for several years and will remain their for several more years. They have 3 children ranging from 10 years old to 18 years old. He inherited a large sum of money from his parent's estate mostly through annuities. Can she receive back child support and current child support from the annuities? She lives in the state of Mississippi.

Comments for Child Support And Annuities

Click here to add your own comments

Child Support
by: Child Support America Team Member

Hi Jane,

Your niece will need to contact her county office and ask these questions. This gets into legalities that are very complicated. Did the father offer any of the money for the children?


Child Support and Annuities
by: Anonymous

My niece has been to court and was told if there was an annual lump sum that she could get a percentage of that, about $400.00. There is an executor over the estate that apparently will not relinish any of the funds, however he has recently began helping the 18 year old some with finances, she is a full time college student. At one time the father agreed to help with support of the other two minor children, however was "talked out of it" by the executor.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Enforcement Questions.