Child Support After Adoption

by wendy
(wildomar, ca.)

My daughter was adopted by her grandfather father's father) in Georgia. I stopped paying child support. Was I suppose to continue paying? Is there anyway to get my rights back now that the grand father has passed away?

Comments for Child Support After Adoption

Click here to add your own comments

Child Support
by: Child Support America Team Member

Hi Wendy,

If you wish to get rights back this must be obtained legally in court. Have you had any contact with the child?


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Services Questions.