Can they make me pay twice

I am the NCP (mom) in CA. Husband and I were together 18+ years. We have 3 daughters. He hasn't worked since 2005. I am permanently disabled since 2005 and getting SSDI since 2006. Since he has the kids and no income he gets cal=works and food stamps. He gets their monthly bebefit allotment from my SSDI.

I get a letter from LCSA saying I am in arrears since October they want to be replayed his welfare checks!

SSDI sends him the same amount that the courts ordered in support >so how am I responsible for the repayment? Now they are threatening the usual stuff, like garnishing my measly 1137.00 a month to pay back the state for welfare checks that a lot of people get free and clear.How is this fair? I am in the position of most Dads and its not the CP fault, this is all the state of CA.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Services Questions.