Can my Ex lower the child support when it was ordered in another state?

by Michelle

The divorce and child support were filed and ordered in Alabama. He lived in another state at the time. A UIFSA was filed from Alabama to Florida. After 1 1/2 they have finally garnished his wages. He tells me he can have the support lowered in Florida and Alabama has no say so. Is this true?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Modifications Questions.