Can I withdraw my child support arrearage order


I took my ex husband to court 2 years ago to receive child support arrears. However, he did not show up to court and has had a bench warrant against him for being in contempt of court. We have since then come to a private agreement (outside of court)to settle the arrears. Unfortunately, we have not yet settled the matter legally, and he was recently pulled over and taken to jail b/c of the warrant. Is it possible for me to withdraw my claim for arrears and close the case, so he can be released from jail and go to work?? What steps do I need to take in order to do this and how long does it typically take for this to happen? Do we have to go before a judge to settle this matter or can I just sign something?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Questions.