Can I lower the monthly payment without the mother present?

I am unemployed and have been since child support was established. I am ordered to pay $129.12 for my one son, he will be 2 years old in October. His grandparents on his mother's side have joint custody with her. They have him 24/7 she is not there often. Can my child support be lowered and paid to her mother instead of her? She has not bought him a single thing but two packs of diapers in about 8 months.

I can guarantee she can not provide proof that she spent all the money on the card on our son each month since she has started receiving the money. I do not get to visit him because they want me at their house to see him and will not let me have alone time with him. Can't I get visitation rights because I pay my child support every month?

It is hard to pay almost $130 a month when I am unemployed and have to live with my father. I believe I pay $130 because she lied to them about something and that's why it is so high; I used a child support calculator for Ohio and it says I should pay $50.

Neither her (mother of child) or I (father of child) work; no prior children/marriages; our son does not go to day care; she has free insurance for her and my son.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Modifications Questions.