Can I Collect Back Child Support In Racine Ohio

by Wendy
(Racine OH )

My ex husband and i have been divorced since 1996, in our divorce papers it was agreed that he would pay 259 a month in child support. We reconciled 3 years later and i signed to stop the child support at that time because we moved back in with each other. We split up again 2 years later and he didn't want to go through the child support agency so he asked me if we could do $300 a month and he would have his employer take $150 directly out of his checks every 2 weeks and directly deposited into my checking, i agreed. At the time he had just started a new job and we got along so i was ok with it.

Through the years he has gotten remarried twice and still only paid the $300 a month which i was fine with as long as he helped when needed as the years past he helped less and less until it stopped completely 2 years ago. I thought that if i wanted the child support i would have to hire a lawyer and i couldn't afford to do so so i never preceded with that. My brother had a friend that works in the child support agency in the county i live in and so i called him to ask and found out all i needed to do was sign a paper to sign back up for the correct child support i should have been receiving, so a year ago i did so. My questions is can i go back and get back pay for all the years he wasn't paying the right amount?

Comments for Can I Collect Back Child Support In Racine Ohio

Click here to add your own comments

Child Suport Questions

Hi Wendy,

Yes, as long as the order was in effect. From whatever time the order was legally in place then you can report the arrears owed to child support.


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Back Child Support & Arrears Questions.