Can I Cancell My Child Support Appeal

My ex husband was awarded $459.00 a month for having our child one day more a week than I do. He has him for 4 days and I have him for 3 days. I filed an appeal because I think that it is way too much for one more day a week. Now he is saying that he and his lawyer are going to take me for $700 a month.

I have another child from a long ago relationship that I still have to support and I have $500.00 more a month in bills than my ex husband does. My ex husband and his attorney has me scared to death. So I wanted to know if there is any way to cancel the appeal and just pay him the $459 a month, so that my child support does not go up any more than it already is.

Comments for Can I Cancell My Child Support Appeal

Click here to add your own comments

Yes You Can....But Wait
by: Child Support America Team Member


Yes, you can cancel your appeal , but you may not want to do that just yet. Before we offer some advice, we need to know if you have a lawyer for yourself?

Please comment back to this post, and we will respond back.


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Questions.