Boyfriends Daughter Child Support

by Kim

My boyfriends daughter turned 18 in July, moved to Brazil in September but his daughter was living on her own since the end of July this past year. My boyfriend put papers into the court to have child support stopped. The court told him he needs the mothers address in Brazil to be served, she wont give it to him. The court told him he has to wait till they can serve her, but he continues to send the support checks to the address the daughter gave. The daughter does not live with the mother and is not in school there. The mother told him he needs to keep paying the support so she can build her beach house for her and her new husband. What are his options since she wont tell her address so she can be served, he just has to pay?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Questions.