Boyfriend Owes Back Child Support And I Want To Help

by Cindy
(Terre Haute, IN)

My boyfriend has been a less than a responsible man. Because of resentment and hard feelings he has not paid child support for some time. He now wants to grow up and make his life better. I would like to help him with this. He owes in excess of $17000.00. Some of this is marked as spousal support but they were never married. What can I do to check all this out and set up some kind of arrangement to make weekly payments to get him the help he needs to go on with his life and for us to possibly have a future together? Should I try to contact her and see if she'll take a settlement of some kind? Should I fight the spousal support? Please help me figure out what I should do and how to go about this? Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me!

Comments for Boyfriend Owes Back Child Support And I Want To Help

Click here to add your own comments

What you can do
by: Child Support America Team Member

Hi Cindy,

You can ask her to forgive the arrears, but it's probably a long shot. And yes, we recommend checking on the spousal support if they were never married.

Also, if you are going to help your boyfriends with child support payments, be sure it's mailed in to the agency. Otherwise it will be considered a gift. Is there anything being paid on the support as of now? Please respond via this post.


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Back Child Support & Arrears Questions.