Bond Money To Custodial Parent

by Rachelle
(granger, indiana)

The father of my four children failed to appear for a court date back in jan 2011. It was for contempt of non-payment of support. I hired a private atty because our prosecutor isnt enforcing my support case. My atty. had the judge issue a body attachment. Several weeks later he was stopped in a different county for a traffic violation and the officer ran his name and dicovered he was wanted. He bonded out hours later at the amount the magistrate set at $5,000.

We appeared for court days ago and the judge denied to release the bond money to me because he objected? He owes over $35,000 and continues not to pay. She reset the court date a month away and we are to appear with attys present. Can she really deny the release of what belongs to my children?

Comments for Bond Money To Custodial Parent

Click here to add your own comments

Yes She Can....
by: Anonymous

And sadly you won't get it, you aren't the most valuable piece in this scenario. They will claim that the bond / bail money goes to the criminal system that tracked him down, housed him and all the processing etc. You won't get any bail/ bond money from this case. My ex gets one every other year or so and I am given the same answer. Again...we and the kids are SOL, and the deadbeats can manipulate the system all they want!

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Enforcement Questions.