Back support after kids move out

by Joanna Dernbach
(Oak Harbor, WA 98277)

I have been divorced for about 15 years and in that time I may have received 6 or so child support payments. There is a court order that requires my x to not only posy child support but also pay for the kids medical. About 10 years ago I remarried and a couple of years later I went through the state of Washington to make him start paying. He lives in Kentucky and I live in Washington state. Washington ended up taking his drivers license which finally got him to start paying. It lasted for about 4 months or so. I have there kids with this man and the court ordered him to pay around $400, not each, but for all three and he couldn't even do that. 2 of my 3 kids are moved out but I really want to help them so they could go to college. They have suffered enough and gone without. I have been nice long enough and an tired of all of his excuses. My question is, can I still get back child support even though the kids are not living with me? Please let me know if you have any questions or need any more info. Thank you for your time. Joanna Dernbach

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Back Child Support & Arrears Questions.