Back child support owed

by Jaimi Brown
(Casper, WY USA)

My son's dad lives in NC, owns a tattoo shop and owes about $50,000 in back child support. He disappeared right after my son was born and it took me 13 years to track him down...that was 5 years ago. A court order for him to pay $184.00 a month current child support and 13 years accrued back child support was issued in WY. Since then I have had to track him down no less than 5 times, through 5 or more states. Last year he opened a tattoo shop in Fayettville. My son turned 18 in Nov. and he has tried to claim he wasn't properly served. In Nov. a court in NC ruled that he was to start paying 12-01-10. NC will not talk to me and WY says they just have to wait on NC.

I have only received I think $500 from him all together and that was his tax return a few years ago. When i found out he had opened his shop in April of 2010 I contacted WY child support and was told they had to give NC 90 days to respond. After 90 days I contacted them again and was told I had to give them another 60 days. After 60 days I was told 30 days and on and on it goes. How do i get NC to put a lien on his property, his tattoo shop, his bank accounts, revoke his tattoo, business, and/or drivers licenses, or whatever else can be done to get him to start paying?? I feel like I am getting the run-around. Thank you for any information you can give me.

Jaimi Brown

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Back Child Support & Arrears Questions.