Back Child Support From Ex Husband

by Janilee
(North Dakota)

Hello, I believe I have contacted you before. I tried to go through my state enforcement agency with no luck. After 5 months they still haven't gotten a copy of my certified divorce decree and I can't have my ex held in contempt of court for not paying for so many years until this is done. It wouldn't be such a big deal if it wasn't for my ex trying to file for custody to get out of paying his back child support, but the legal fees are starting to put me into some serious debt and my child is the one who ultimately suffers here. Can someone tell me what to do when the state agency isn't doing their job?

Comments for Back Child Support From Ex Husband

Click here to add your own comments

Back Child Support
by: Child Support America Team Member

Hi Janilee,

Thanks for contacting us again. We have been swamped with letters and emails as our site continues to grow. The wait time for responses can be months unless you are a VIP member.

This is due to limited staff, and the thousands of of posts we receive. We do recommend that you consider becoming a VIP member if you need immediate help and support concerning your child support or legal situations.

As a VIP member, we respond back to your requests within 24 to 72 hours. Your situations then becomes TOP Priority over NON-VIP members. You get other benefits as well. Right now VIP memberships are offered by a Donation of any amount, but that could change at any time. Please review the links below for VIP membership details.

Take care, and we look forward to having you as a client soon.



Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Back Child Support & Arrears Questions.