Arrears Waived In Ohio

Last year me and my wife had the child support order terminated, but the state said that I still owed them the arrearage which was a total of a little over $8,900. At $400 a month, I haven't had a job in years and now my medical situation has limited the few options I have. It's real hard to find work with out my license. How can I get the state to waive this and reinstate my license. I wish I could donate any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Comments for Arrears Waived In Ohio

Click here to add your own comments

Terminated Order
by: Child Support America Team Member

Hello Sir,

Is this your ex-wife that stopped the child support order? Also, why didn't the person who stopped the order request that the arrears be waived.


Arrears waived in ohio
by: Anonymous

My current wife, and we did asked for it to be waived, but the state argued that because my children was on medicaid I would have to repay them.

Court Hearing
by: Child Support America Team Member

If your wife was on medicaid we don't think the arrears can be terminated. We know your finances are low, but it appears that you will need an attorney to help with this matter.

You may also want to try contacting a legal aid agency in your area. We believe that you can get your license back if you pursue this in court. But you will more than likely need legal representation to do so.

We wish you well.


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ohio Child Support Questions.