Am I going to receive back child support?

by Courtney
(Hinesville, GA)

After having my son for eight years I finally have gone after child support. His father was there when he was born, signed the birth certificate and everything. However after that we weren't together.

I just had the case started and I am supposed to be receiving $50 a month. He just got his disability back and they took a huge chunk of money from him, saying that it is for child support. I didn't know if that money is supposed to go to me and another women he had children with or what. I live in a different state and the paperwork I received back about my case didn't say anything about back child support.

I know he doesn't owe the other mother much money in back child support because she has been getting child support most of the time. So I am confused and wish someone could tell me if I am entitled to back child support, or if I am only going to see the $50 even though I have been the sole provider all these years.

I've talked to people in Stark county OH and in the state that I filed the child support in, and everyone just says they aren't sure. I would think that it would say somewhere all of what I am entitled too. I didn't know if the amount that I should be getting in back child support is somewhere else, since they don't consider back child support as actual child support, but instead a debt owed to the custodial parent?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Back Child Support & Arrears Questions.