A Ridiculous Law

My son, who is 14 months old now,receives no means of support from his absent father. Brief story ..his father was physically, mentally, and emotionally abusive therefore, I along with my children left that relationship. When I went to the CSEA (Child Support Enforcement Agency) I was informed that ,there is a law,and because my son's father receives SSI, which is state funded , I cannot even file for support . The case worker stated " the state looks at it as if they( state) are paying the support for your child " . When she told me that, I thought to myself ...Ok , its crazy how he can purchase illegal material with that money and it is NOT traced but has a law that "protects" him from helping support , a child he helped create !! Its all just WAY BEYOND ME!! please help me understand !! Do u know the name of this law?

Comments for A Ridiculous Law

Click here to add your own comments

by: Anonymous

If your child's father is receiving SSI then you child is also eligible for a monthly payment as well.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Questions.